Take control of your CharterWest Visa Check Cards...define when, where and how your cards are used with CardValet® on your mobile device.
Get the CardValet® stand alone mobile app here:
Or Manage Your Cards from your CharterGo mobile banking (touchbanking) app:
- Select Manage My Cards on the account screen or
- Select Cards from the More menu
Manage and track specific types of debit card transactions - or quickly detect unauthorized or fraudulent activity. Choose from a variety of options:Card On/Off Setting
- When the card is "on," transactions are allowed in accordance with your usage control settings.
- When the card is "off," no purchases or withdrawals are approved until the card is subsequently turned back "on." This control can be used to control spending, disable a lost or stolen card, or prevent fraudulent activity in the case of a data breach.
- Spending limits can be established to allow transactions up to a certain dollar value and decline transactions when amounts exceed defined thresholds.
- Transactions can be controlled and monitored for specific merchant categories such as gas stations, department stores, restaurants entertainment, travel, and groceries.
- The My Location control can restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of a your location (using GPS); transactions requested outside of the specified range can be declined.
- The My Region control uses city, state, country or zip code on an expandable interactive map; transactions requested by merchants outside of a specific region can be declined.
Alerts can be set up to keep you informed of specific types of debit card transactions. The CardValet® app can send an alert via "push" notification when a card is used or when a card transaction has been attempted but is declined – and additional customizable alert options are available. The alerts is sent in real time, immediately after the transaction has taken place or has been declined.
If managing your cards from CharterGo mobile banking you must first enable alerts through CharterNet online banking. From your Profile menu scroll down to Mobile Banking and select Manage Devices, verify your mobile phone number displays under Device Details. From the I want to: dropdown list choose Change my Mobile Banking services and select Go. Check the following boxes under Other Services: Text Messaging, Alerts, and Card Controls Alerts then click Continue.
Additional CapabilitiesCardValet® also lets cardholders conduct card-related mobile transactions wherever they are, any time of the day. Supported transactions include:
- Real-time balance inquiries
- Locating ATMs