You may owe fees for use of the App or the Services. Check with Financial Institution for applicable rates.
The alerts and controls you set through use of the App or the Services may continue to apply, and you may continue to be charged for them, even if you delete the App or remove it from your mobile device. Please contact Financial Institution to discontinue the alerts and controls.
Certain functionality within the App and the Services may not be available for all transactions. Controls and alerts based on the location of the mobile device where the App is installed or the location of the merchant where the card is being attempted for use may not apply appropriately to card-not-present transactions or transactions where the location of actual location of the merchant differs from the merchant’s registered address.
Financial Institution may amend this Agreement at any time by posting a revised version here or on a website of the Financial Institution. You may be required to affirmatively accept the revised Agreement in order to continue using the Services or the App. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revision. Any use of the App or the Services after a notice of change or after the posting of a revised version of this Agreement will constitute your agreement to such changes and revised version. Further, Financial Institution may, from time to time, revise, update, upgrade or enhance the App, the Service and/or related applications or material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the App, the Service, and/or related applications and material, and limit access to only the App or the Service’s more recent revisions, updates, upgrades or enhancements.
The App is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under the terms of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved.
This license granted to you for the App is non-transferable and non-exclusive. You may only use the App on an approved mobile device that you own. You may not distribute or make the App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You are not permitted to transfer the App in any form. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this Agreement), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the App, or any updates or parts of updates thereto, except with respect to any open source elements included with this App. If you breach these restrictions, you may be subject to prosecution and the award of damages. The terms of this Agreement will also govern any upgrades or modifications that replace or supplement the version of the App you downloaded originally, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate agreement, in which case the terms of that agreement will govern.
The license is effective until terminated by Financial Institution, which it may do at any time, with or without notice. Once this license is terminated, you will no longer be entitled to use the App, and you shall then cease all use of the App and destroy any legally made copies or portions thereof, of the Licensed Application.
The App may enable access to Financial Institution and third parties’ services and web sites, including GPS locator websites, such as Google’s. Use of such services may require Internet access and that you accept additional terms and conditions applicable thereto.
To the extent this App allows you to access third party services, Financial Institution, and those third parties, as applicable, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any of those services at any time without notice. In no event will Financial Institution be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such services. Financial Institution may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain services, in any case and without notice or liability.
THE APP, THE SERVICES AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON- INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, FINANCIAL INSTITUTION DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF THE APP OR THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THEY ARE PROHIBITED BY STATE LAW.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE APP AND THE SERVICES MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND FINANCIAL INSTITUTION’S REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS, INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL FINANCIAL INSTITUTION OR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES THAT IS CAUSED BY OR ARISES OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL FINANCIAL INSTITUTION OR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE APP, OR THE SERVICES, OR THE WEBSITES THROUGH WHICH THE APP OR THE SERVICE OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS OR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE APP, THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE THROUGH WHICH THE APP OR THE SERVICES IS OFFERED, THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. FINANCIAL INSTITUTION’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS AND CONTRACTORS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the App except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the App was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the App may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the App, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use the App or the Services for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
The App and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without Financial Institution’s prior written consent, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. Financial Institution reserves the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time to any party. Financial Institution may also assign or delegate certain of its rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to affiliates, independent contractors or other third parties.
If Financial Institution has reason to believe that you have engaged in any of the prohibited or unauthorized activities described in this Agreement or have otherwise breached your obligations under this Agreement, it may: terminate, suspend or limit your access to or use of the App or the Services; notify law enforcement, regulatory authorities, impacted third parties, and others as it deems appropriate; refuse to provide the Services to you in the future; and/or take legal action against you. In addition, Financial Institution, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate this Agreement, and access to or use of the Services for any reason or no reason and at any time. These remedies are cumulative and are in addition to the other rights and remedies available to Financial Institution under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
In the event of a dispute regarding the App or the Services, you agree that it will be resolved by looking to this Agreement. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000.00 USD, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”), the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), or another established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) administrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. The parties agree that that the following rules shall apply: (a) the arbitration may be conducted telephonically, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, at the election of the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties, their representatives or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; (c) discovery shall not be permitted; (d) the matter shall be submitted for decision within ninety (90) days of initiation of arbitration, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, and the arbitrator must render a decision within thirty (30) days of submission; and (e) any award in such arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties, and it may be submitted to any court of competent jurisdiction for confirmation. The parties acknowledge that remedies available under federal, state and local laws remain available through arbitration. NO CLASS ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF ANOTHER PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWABLE IN ARBITRATION.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions of Georgia or any other state. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us (other than those which are arbitrated in compliance with this Agreement) must be resolved by a court located in Gwinnett County, Georgia. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all claims or disputes unless said claim is submitted to arbitration under this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. Both parties agree to waive any right to have a jury participate in the resolution of any dispute or claim between the parties or any of their respective affiliates arising under this Agreement.
You shall indemnify and hold harmless Financial Institution and its affiliates and their licensors, contractors, and business partners and their affiliates and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any loss, damage, claim or demand (including attorney’s fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or your use of the App or the Services. You hereby release Financial Institution and its affiliates and their licensors, contractors, and business partners, and their affiliates, and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute that may arise between you and one or more other users of the App or the Services. In addition, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states that a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if not known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
Financial Institution shall not be deemed to have waived any rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by one of our authorized representatives. No delay or omission on Financial Institution’s part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
You agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and the Financial Institutions with respect to the subject matter covered herein, sets forth the entire understanding between Financial Institution and you with respect to the App, the Services, and the website through which the App or the Services are offered, and supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between you and Financial Institution. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The captions of sections hereof are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Any terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the termination of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and something stated by an employee or contractor of ours (including but not limited to its customer care personnel), the terms of this Agreement will prevail.
Notices to You.
- What Types of Personal Information We May Collect. We may collect Personal Information about you, which may include: name, postal address, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number, account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification or verification numbers, social security number, mobile device location, and other information that we can use to contact you, verify your identity, provide the functionality available through use of the App and the Service, and manage risks, such as information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, and payment and other transaction information, and history for payments and other transactions in which you participate through the Service, and any Personal Information that you may enter into information blocks present in the App interface or made available through the Service.
- How We May Collect Personal Information About You. We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Information that you input to the App or that the App collects automatically;
- Your use of the App and the Service, and your interactions with customer care, including information you enter or speak, and information transmitted by your computer or mobile device or other devices you use as part of your receipt of the Service; and
- We may also collect Personal Information about you from others, such as Affiliates, or other companies (such as for fraud detection).
- How We May Share Personal Information About You. We share Personal Information about you only as permitted by law. For Personal Information that is nonpublic and that we collect in connection with a financial service, U. S. federal law permits us to share such information only for the purposes shown in the following table:
Reasons we can share Personal Information about you: Do we share? Can you limit this sharing? For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, respond to court orders and legal investigations, and report to credit bureaus; Yes No For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you; Yes No For Joint Marketing with other financial companies; No We Do Not Share For our Affiliates’ everyday business purposes (information about your transactions and experiences); Yes No For our Affiliates’ everyday business purposes (information about your creditworthiness); No We Do Not Share For our Affiliates to market to you; No We Do Not Share For Nonaffiliates to market to you No We Do Not Share
- How We May Use Personal Information About You. We use Personal Information about you only as permitted by law, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- To complete transactions and render services authorized by you;
- For marketing purposes – to offer products and services to you, although you may opt-out of receiving commercial email marketing messages from us by following the opt-out processes described in those messages; and
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets that results in a change of the majority ownership of the App or the Service or the entity that owns them, you will be notified of this via email and/or a prominent notice on the App, as well as any material change in uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding Personal Information about you.
- Other Important Information. Vermont: Under Vermont law, we will not share information we collect about Vermont residents with companies outside of our Affiliates, unless the law allows. We will not share information about your credit worthiness with our Affiliates except with your consent, but we may share information about our transactions or experiences with you with our Affiliates without your consent.
California: Under California law, we will not share information we collect about you with Nonaffiliates, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent, to service your accounts, or to provide rewards or benefits you are entitled to. We will limit sharing among our Affiliates to the extent required by California law.
- “Affiliates” means companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- “Nonaffiliates” means companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- “Joint Marketing” means a formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- How We Protect Personal Information About You. To protect Personal Information about you from unauthorized access and use, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, including but not limited to security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. We also require our service providers and business partners to whom we disclose the information to do the same. When you enter sensitive information (such as a debit or credit card number) into the App, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.