IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS
Call or write us as soon as you can if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on this statement. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
P.O. Box 288
West Point, NE 68788
If you have a question concerning your statement, please be prepared to:
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. However, if we need more time, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time of the investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten business days, we may not recredit your account. If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR READY RESERVE ACCOUNT (Pre-Approval Required)
How we compute the balance on which the finance charge is assessed:
The principal balance on your account will be subject to a finance charge. We figure the finance charge on your account by adding together the result of applying the daily periodic rate to the “daily balance” of your account (including current transactions) for each day in the billing cycle. To get the “daily balance” we take the beginning balance of your account each day, add any new advances and subtract any payments or credits. Unpaid finance charges and late charges accrue separately and are not added to the principal balance on your account. The daily periodic rate will depend upon CharterWest Bank’s prevailing Base Rate of interest and may vary with each billing cycle.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HOME EQUITY LINE OF CREDIT
We figure the finance charge on your account by applying the periodic rate to the “daily balance” of your account for each day in the billing cycle. To get the “daily balance” we take the beginning balance of your account each day, add any new advances, and subtract any unpaid finance charges and any payments or credits. This gives us the daily balance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU FIND A MISTAKE ON YOUR STATEMENT
If you think there is an error on your statement, write to us at:
P.O. Box 288
West Point, NE 68788
In your letter give us the following information:
- Account information: Your name and account number.
- Dollar amount: The dollar amount of the suspected error.
- Description of Problem: If you think there is an error on your bill, describe what you believe is wrong and why you believe it is a mistake.
You must contact us within 60 days after the error appeared on your statement. You must notify us of any potential errors in writing. You may call but if you do we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.
While we investigate whether or not there has been an error, the following are true:
- We cannot try to collect the amount in question or report you as delinquent on that amount.
- The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount. However, if we determine there was an error, you will not have to pay the amount in question, or any interest or other fees related to that amount.
- While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance.
- We can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.