Your Visa Debit Card is protected 24/7
Fiserv EnFactTM (electronic neural fraud analysis and card tracking) monitors your card for suspicious activity utilizing your card history and known fraud patterns. If potential fraud is detected on your card, fraud detection services will attempt to contact you to verify the authenticity of the transaction.
If fraudulent activity is suspected on your Visa Debit Card:
The fraud detection center will attempt to contact you immediately to verify the authenticity of the transaction. Contact may be made via text message and/or voice automated phone call.
Text Message Alert
- You will receive a text message from short code “32768” with details about the suspected transaction. Simply respond to the text to authorize (reply YES) or deny (reply NO) the transaction.
- If you reply NO, a block will be placed on your card. You will be asked to contact the fraud detection center at 833-735-1892.
- The text message will NEVER include a link to be clicked and will always come from the 5-digit short code NOT a 10-digit number resembling a phone number.
Voice Automated Phone Call
- Voice automated phone calls from the Fraud Detection Center will come from 833-735-1894.
- You will be provided with the last 4 digits of the card and asked to affirm you are the cardholder (Press 1).
- You will be asked to verify your identity by entering the 5-digit mailing Zip Code associated with your card. No other personal information will be requested unless you confirm a transaction to be fraudulent.
- You will then be asked to verify the suspicious activity (up to 3 transactions). The transaction data will include the date, amount, and merchant name. You will Press 1 to authorize the transaction or Press 2 to not.
- Should the transaction(s) be authenticated, the transaction will process and/or any temporary holds will be removed from the card.
- If it is determined that the transaction(s) were fraudulent, you will be transferred to a live fraud analyst. The fraud analyst will confirm you are the cardholder before going through your transactions. They will NEVER ask for your PIN or the 3-digit security code on the back of your card.
If you are ever uncertain about texts or calls received, questions being asked, or responding to messages, please call us directly for assistance.
CharterWest Bank will be notified of any action taken. You may need to contact us to order a new card. Fraud analysts will work with us to file a case with Visa if necessary.
You can help CharterWest Bank make you more secure:
- Make sure we always have a current phone number for you. We can have multiple phone numbers in our system.
- If you will be making any kind of purchases that you normally would not, please be prepared for a call from the fraud detection center.
- If you will be traveling out of state or out of the country, please be prepared for a call from the fraud detection center.
To contact us regarding fraudulent activity:
If your VISA Debit Card is lost or stolen or you suspect fraudulent activity, contact us as soon as possible:
During banking hours, 800-872-5147
After banking hours, 800-472-3272
Fraud Detection Services, 833-735-1894
**Do not e-mail us to report the incident, e-mail is not a secure method of communication for your personal and confidential information.**
Tips for your Financial Safety
Guard your accounts, credit and debit cards
- Stay on top of your accounts – Keep track of your balance and account activity on a regular basis.
- Monitor your credit report for unusual activity. Visit AnnualCreditReport.com or call 877-322-8228 to get a free copy of your credit report from each of the nationwide credit reporting agencies. You can receive a free credit report from each agency once every 12 months.
- Do not carry an unsigned card.
- Do not carry your personal identification number (PIN) with your card, or give out your PIN. Choose difficult to guess numbers.
- Do not let your card out of your sight when making purchases in a store or restaurant.
- Do not accept a check for more than the amount of an item you are selling, refund the difference, or wire money back to the purchaser.
- Do not place unshredded mail offers for credit cards and home loans in the trash.
- Never give out personal information over the phone, through the mail, or over the internet unless you initiated the contact or know the person you are dealing with.
- Sign up for Visa purchase alerts at https://purchasealerts.visa.com/vca-web/check.
Protect the privacy of your card transaction
- Do not let anyone see you enter your password or PIN.
- Do not leave your receipt on the scene, even in the trash.
- Do not continue with your transaction if you notice something suspicious. Notify your financial institution.
Take care when online
- Do not use a password that could be easily guessed, such as your children’s names, your address or phone number. Consider changing your passwords regularly.
- Change your passwords and update your information with online retailers if you suspect theft or fraud on your account.
- Do not reply to emails or pop-up messages that ask for personal or financial information, or suggest financial gain or lottery winnings.
- Be suspicious of someone contacting you unexpectedly, pressuring you to act fast, receipt of funds in combination with request to give or send part of the money back, or offering something that seems too good to be true.
- Do not follow a link from an email or text message. If you wish to check the validity of a website, type in the site name in a web browser.
- Do not send personal or financial information in an email or email attachment.
- Be aware of disaster-related or current event scam.
- Keep your internet connected devices up to date and protected by security programs. Check the security settings of the sites you visit, avoid providing sensitive information of an unsecure connection.
- Do not download or install applications unless you are sure it is legitimate.
Report theft or fraud ASAP
If you suspect you have been a victim, contact us and the credit reporting agencies:
PO Box 288
West Point, NE 68788
PO Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
PO Box 1000
Chester, PA 19022
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374